Wichita St. 69, N. Iowa 61
WICHITA, Kan. (AP)—Clevin Hannah helped Wichita State get off to a fast start and finished with 14 points as Wichita State upset Northern Iowa 69-61 Saturday.
Wichita State (13-13, 7-8 Missouri Valley) never trailed in winning its seventh in nine games.
Northern Iowa (18-8, 12-3) saw its conference lead trimmed to one game. Adam Koch scored 17 points to lead the Panthers.
Northern Iowa trailed 48-32 with 14 minutes remaining before climbing back. Koch scored seven points in a 15-6 run that cut Wichita State’s lead to 54-47 with 5:03 to play. The Panthers would not get closer until Kerwin Dunham’s 3-pointer with 42.6 seconds remaining that made it 66-61 Shockers.
But Wichita State made three of its next four free throws to help seal the victory.
Wichita State took control of the game with a 15-2 run midway through the first half. The stretch was capped by Reggie Chamberlain’s 3-pointer—one of seven the Shockers hit in the first half—that made it 29-13 Wichita State.
Seconds before halftime, Hannah hit a deep 3-pointer that gave him 12 points and pushed the Shockers’ advantage to 42-25.
- Rick Pitino apologizes to fans via web site
- UNC's Roy Williams: 'I feel fine' after vertigo attack at BC
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold
- Mississippi's Saiz returns from eye injury
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89