Utah beats Air Force for 6th straight win
SALT LAKE CITY (AP)—Lawrence Borha scored 22 points, including five 3-pointers, to lead Utah to its ninth straight home victory, 74-59 over Air Force on Saturday.
The Utes (18-7, 9-2 Mountain West), held the Falcons (9-15, 0-11) without a basket for nearly eight minutes early in the second half, with Borha scoring nine straight points to fuel an 18-1 run.
It was the 12th straight loss for the Falcons.
Luke Nevill added 18 points and seven rebounds for Utah, which won its sixth straight game overall and remained in first place in the Mountain West Conference.
Anwar Johnson scored 18 points to lead the Falcons, while Andrew Henke added 17 and Grant Parker had 16 before fouling out.
The Falcons made four of their first five 3-pointers and shot 55.6 percent in the first half to take a 28-27 halftime lead. But they committed turnovers on six straight possessions early in the second half, as the Utes started on their decisive run.
- Sosa leads UCF past S. Dakota State, 66-64
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69