Haynes leads Texas-Arlington past UTSA, 84-82
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP)—Marquez Haynes scored 27 points and hit the game-winning jumper with 4.4 seconds left to give Texas-Arlington an 84-82 victory against Texas-San Antonio on Saturday.
The Mavericks (13-10, 6-4 Southland) blew a five-point lead in just 14 seconds late in the game. Travis Gabbidon converted a three-point play with 24 seconds remaining, then hit two more free throws after a foul by Haynes with 10 seconds left.
Haynes also had seven rebounds to lead the Mavericks, who got 21 points on 7-of-9 shooting from Anthony Vereen.
Gabbidon led the Roadrunners (15-8, 6-4) with 18 points, half of those coming on free throws. He led UTSA with seven rebounds, while Morris Smith had 16 points.
- Haynes leads Texas-Arlington past UTSA, 84-82
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four