Sacred Heart tops St. Francis, Pa., 72-57
LORETTO, Pa. (AP)—Joey Henley scored 21 points and Corey Hassan added 16 to lead Sacred Heart to a 72-57 win over St. Francis, Pa., Saturday night.
Sacred Heart (12-13, 9-6 Northeast Conference) led throughout in handing the Red Flash (5-20, 2-12) their 15th loss in 16 games.
Sacred Heart, which has won six of eight, led 39-30 at the half. The Pioneers remained in control over the final 20 minutes and beat St. Francis for the seventh straight time.
Devin Sweetney led the Red Flash with 16 points and eight rebounds. Kyle Jackson added 12 points.
St. Francis held a moment of silence for Mary Ann Opfar, the wife of football coach Dave Opfar. Mary Ann Opfar died Friday at 45, after a long battle with cancer.
- Sacred Heart tops St. Francis, Pa., 72-57
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown