St. Francis, NY beats FDU 82-72
NEW YORK (AP)—Ricky Cadell scored 26 points to lead St. Francis, N.Y. to an 82-72 victory over Fairleigh Dickinson on Saturday.
Stefan Perunicic had four 3-pointers and scored 16 points for the Terriers (9-16, 7-8 Northeast Conference), while Nigel Byam had 14.
Sean Baptiste had 22 points to lead the Knights (7-19, 6-9), while Alvin Mofunanya had 15 and 12 rebounds and Terence Grier added 12 points.
Baptiste’s 3-pointer with 4:19 to play tied the game at 63, but Cadell scored five points in a 7-0 run that gave the Terriers a 70-63 lead with 48 seconds to go.
Cadell, who leads the team in scoring with a 13.7 average, was 8-of-14 from the field and 8-of-11 from the free throw line.
- St. Francis, NY beats FDU 82-72
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done