Creighton routs S. Ill. 82-60
CARBONDALE, Ill. (AP)—Booker Woodfox scored 15 points, including three 3-pointers, and was one of five Creighton players in the double-digits to lead the Bluejays to an 82-60 rout of Southern Illinois on Saturday.
Kaleb Korver had 14 points, including four 3-pointers, and Kenny Lawson Jr. had 13 points and a game-high nine rebounds for Creighton (21-6, 11-4 Missouri Valley). The Bluejays were able to put their bench to work, earning 33 points from their non-starters.
Ryan Hare led Southern Illinois (11-15, 6-9 Missouri Valley) with 15 points. Tony Boyle had 12 points and Kevin Dillard had a game-high seven assists.
Creighton shot 56.9 percent from the field for the game, compared with 41.8 percent for Southern Illinois. The Bluejays had 35 rebounds for the game. The Salukis had 27.
- Creighton hands Drake 6th straight loss 73-69
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare