South Alabama beats Florida Atlantic 91-70
MOBILE, Ala. (AP)—Brandon Davis scored 23 points and four other South Alabama players scored in double figures in a 91-70 win over Florida Atlantic on Saturday night.
Domonic Tilford added 17 points, LaShun Watson had 12, Bryan Sherrer 11 and C.J. Garner 10 for the Jaguars (15-11, 8-7 Sun Belt Conference). The Jaguars have won four of their last five games.
Paul Graham III led the Owls (6-21, 2-13) with 27 points and Shavar Richardson added 24. The Owls have won twice in their last 18 games.
Leading 25-21 with 7:54 to play in the first half, the Jaguars went on a 13-2 run during a four-minute span and settled on a 15-point halftime lead. South Alabama cruised from there.
The Jaguars shot 67.3 percent from the field (33 of 49) en route to the victory, compared to just a 44.1 percent mark (26 of 59) for the Owls.
- South Alabama beats Florida Atlantic 91-70
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look