Samford beats Elon 69-47
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP)—Josh Bedwell scored 21 points to lead Samford to a 69-47 win over Elon on Saturday, sweeping the season series between both teams.
Josh Davis added 16 points and Trey Montgomery had 15 for the Bulldogs (13-13, 8-9 Southern Conference), who have won back-to-back games after dropping four straight.
Monty Sanders led the Phoenix (8-16, 5-11) with 13 points and Brett James had 12.
The Bulldogs hit 11 of 26 3-pointers en route to victory, while the Phoenix went just 2-for-15 from beyond the arc. Bedwell was 5-for-7 and Davis hit 3-for-5 from the 3-point line.
Samford led by 10 points at halftime, sealing the win by outscoring Elon 38-26 in the second half.
Samford outrebounded Elon 30-28. The Bulldogs also caused 14 Elon turnovers.
- Samford beats Elon 69-47
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game