Hot-shooting Oakland runs away from IPFW, 83-72
ROCHESTER, Mich. (AP)—Keith Benson had 23 points and six blocked shots, Blake Cushingberry came off the bench to add 14 points and a game-high 10 rebounds and Oakland shot 62 percent from the field in an 83-72 win over IPFW on Saturday night.
Erik Kangas and Drew Maynard added 13 points apiece for the Golden Grizzlies (16-11, 9-5 Summit League), who extended their home winning streak to 11 games. Johnathon Jones contributed 15 assists.
IPFW (10-15, 5-9) took its first lead of the game, 48-47, with just under 15 minutes left. Oakland countered with a 12-0 run over the next three minutes and went on to lead by as many as 15 points.
David Carson led the Mastodons with 18 points and Ben Botts and Deilvez Yearby scored 13 points each.
- Act of sportsmanship highlights player’s return from a stroke
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs