Cal State Northridge beats UC Riverside
LOS ANGELES (AP)—Josh Jenkins scored 19 points to lead Cal State Northridge to a 77-64 victory over UC Riverside Saturday, giving Matadors coach Bobby Braswell his 200th career victory.
Rodrigue Mels scored 13 of his 16 points in the second half to tie a season high as Northridge (12-10, 8-3 Big West) won its sixth in a row and held onto first place in the conference. Kenny Daniels scored 13 points, and Tremaine Townsend scored 10 points.
UC Riverside (14-10, 6-6) trailed 29-26 at halftime then went 6 minutes, 27 seconds without a field goal in the second half. Kyle Austin, a transfer from USC, scored 10 of his 16 points in that span. Aaron Scott scored 13 points for the Highlanders.
Braswell is 200-177 in his 13th season at Northridge.
- Cal State Northridge beats UC Riverside
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2