Aggies beat Bulldogs in overtime
LAS CRUCES, N.M. (AP)—Jahmar Young scored 10 of his 23 points in overtime as New Mexico State defeated Fresno State 79-71 Saturday night.
The Aggies (13-12, 7-5 WAC) had forced overtime at 66 when Wendell McKines hit two free throws with 23 seconds remaining.
Fresno State (10-16, 2-9) missed two 3-point tries in the final seconds of regulation.
Young sank a 25-foot jumper, 3-point pointer, a 12-foot jumper and three free throws in overtime and Paul George hit two foul shots to give New Mexico State a 74-68 lead.
McKines finished with a career-high 22 points and also pulled down 13 rebounds.
Sylvester Seay finished with 25 points for the Bulldogs while Mychal Ladd added 22 points and 12 rebounds.
- Guard Ryne Smith emerges as Purdue's third scoring threat
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78