Aggies beat Bulldogs in overtime
LAS CRUCES, N.M. (AP)—Jahmar Young scored 10 of his 23 points in overtime as New Mexico State defeated Fresno State 79-71 Saturday night.
The Aggies (13-12, 7-5 WAC) had forced overtime at 66 when Wendell McKines hit two free throws with 23 seconds remaining.
Fresno State (10-16, 2-9) missed two 3-point tries in the final seconds of regulation.
Young sank a 25-foot jumper, 3-point pointer, a 12-foot jumper and three free throws in overtime and Paul George hit two foul shots to give New Mexico State a 74-68 lead.
McKines finished with a career-high 22 points and also pulled down 13 rebounds.
Sylvester Seay finished with 25 points for the Bulldogs while Mychal Ladd added 22 points and 12 rebounds.
- Aggies beat Bulldogs in overtime
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four