Charlotte tops George Washington 69-51
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP)—Lamont Mack scored 23 points and Charlotte pulled away early to beat George Washington 69-51 on Saturday.
Charlie Coley III added 12 points, Ian Andersen scored 10 and DiJuan Harris had a career-high 15 assists for the 49ers (9-15, 3-7 Atlantic 10 Conference), who led by as many as 30 points in winning for the second time in three games.
Damian Hollis had 13 points for the Colonials (7-15, 1-9), who shot just 34.8 percent from the field (16 of 46) in losing for the 13th time in 14 games.
Charlotte led 37-17 at halftime as George Washington hit just 6 of 20 field goals, putting up its second-lowest scoring half of the season. The Colonials had a 14-point first half in a 60-48 loss to Richmond on Jan. 10.
Charlotte took its biggest lead when Harris set up Andersen on a 3-pointer to put the 49ers up 50-20 with 14:37 left.
- Charlotte tops George Washington 69-51
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0