Murray State tops Jacksonville State 57-54
MURRAY, Ky. (AP)—Tony Easley scored 14 points on 7-of-10 shooting and Murray State beat Jacksonville State 57-54 on Saturday night.
Trialing 43-42 with 8:34 left, Murray State scored seven unanswered points to lead 49-43 with 5:18 to go.
Danero Thomas, who had four points during the run, hit a layup and two free throws, followed by a free throw from Tyler Holloway and two foul shots made by Isaac Miles.
Jeffrey McClain sealed the game for the Racers (14-10, 9-5 Ohio Valley Conference) on two free throws with 1 second left.
Danero Thomas added 13 points for Murray State in its third straight win.
Jonathan Toles paced Jacksonville State (11-14, 4-11) with 17 points. Toles was 8-for-8 from the free throw line.
- Washington's Isaiah Thomas wants a shot at Kentucky in Maui
- NCAA rules Florida's Gak ineligible to play in 2016-17
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout
- NCAA to survey potential host cities on discrimination laws
- George Washington investigating basketball coach Lonergan
- Alabama AD completes cancer treatment, cleared to go home