North Texas beats Middle Tennessee 89-78
MURFREESBORO, Tenn. (AP)—Josh White scored 26 points and Adam McCoy added 24 to lead North Texas to an 89-78 win over Middle Tennessee State on Saturday night.
Tristan Thompson added 11 points for the Mean Green (14-10, 7-6 Sun Belt Conference), who won their third game in a row.
Desmond Yates led the Blue Raiders (15-10, 8-5) with 19 points, Kevin Kanaskie added 15 and Montarrio Haddock had 12.
Middle Tennessee beat North Texas 89-80 in OT in the teams’ first meeting on Dec. 31.
This one was decided much earlier, as the Mean Green opened the game on a 11-4 run and led 43-24 at halftime.
The Mean Green shot 60.4 percent from the floor (29 of 48) en route to the victory, compared to just a 42.9 percent mark (24 of 56) for the Blue Raiders.
North Texas hit 10 3-pointers versus only three for Middle Tennessee. White was 4-for-5 from beyond the arc.
- North Texas beats Middle Tennessee 89-78
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown