North Carolina A&T tops Md.-Eastern Shore 70-59
PRINCESS ANNE, Md. (AP)—Nicholas Wilson scored 16 points to lead North Carolina A&T past Maryland-Eastern Shore 70-59 on Saturday.
The Aggies (12-13, 6-5 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) won their fourth straight game while the Hawks (6-18, 2-9) dropped their sixth in a row.
North Carolina A&T led by as many as 19 points in the first half and 40-27 at intermission.
Maryland-Eastern Shore used a 12-2 run to cut the defict to 42-39 with 14:40 left, then pulled within 57-56 with 3:53 remaining on a Josh Bright 3-pointer. Wilson answered with a 3, beginning the Aggies’ 13-3 spurt to close out the game.
Tavarus Alston added 11 for North Carolina A&T, which also defeated the Hawks 76-61 on Jan. 17. Ed Jones and Dwane Joshua scored 10 apiece.
Neal Pitt had 20 points for the Hawks, who shot 35.7 percent from the field (20 of 56), and Chris Conner added 10.
- BYU, Western Kentucky execute historic comebacks to open an up-for-grabs NCAA tournament
- Freshmen Leaf and Ball help No. 2 UCLA beat Michigan 102-84
- Karnowski leads No. 8 Gonzaga to 1st 10-0 start in history
- No. 3 Jayhawks cruise to 89-72 victory over Nebraska
- Happ helps No. 17 Wisconsin brush past Marquette 93-84
- Alkins leads No. 20 Arizona past Missouri, 79-60