Long Island U. beats Wagner 74-48
NEW YORK (AP)—Kyle Johnson had 21 points and eight rebounds and Julian Boyd had 18 points and 11 rebounds to lead Long Island University to a 74-48 victory over Wagner on Saturday.
The Blackbirds (13-12, 9-5 Northeast Conference) never trailed in the game and built on a 29-20 halftime lead. Ron Manigault had seven points and 12 rebounds for LIU, which finished with a 58-32 rebound advantage.
Jamal Smith had 11 points to lead the visiting Seahawks (12-13, 4-10), who shot 27 percent from the field (17-for-63), including going 2-of-14 from 3-point range.
Johnson had seven points, including a three-point play, in the Blackbirds’ game-opening run that gave them a 13-1 lead with 12:29 to play in the first half.
- Long Island U. beats Wagner 74-48
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game