Bucknell beats Holy Cross 72-66
WORCESTER, Mass. (AP)—Patrick Behan scored 23 points and G.W. Boon added 16 as Bucknell upset Holy Cross 72-66 on Saturday.
Andrew Beinert scored 18 points for Holy Cross (13-12, 8-2 Patriot League) as the team fell out of a 1st place tie in the league with the loss.
Beinert sparked an 11-0 run to help Holy Cross take a 32-30 lead at halftime.
Boon converted three consecutive 3-pointers in the second half, sparking a decisive second half rally that helped Bucknell (6-19, 3-8) take a 44-32 lead with 16:23 left in the game.
Holy Cross cut the lead to 44-39 on a 3-point play by Colin Cunninham, who finished with 13 points.
Darryl Shazier helped keep the Bison in front, scoring 17 points—including 5 of 7 3-point attempts.
- Catching up with Sam Bowie, draft bust turned racehorse owner
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember