Bucknell beats Holy Cross 72-66
WORCESTER, Mass. (AP)—Patrick Behan scored 23 points and G.W. Boon added 16 as Bucknell upset Holy Cross 72-66 on Saturday.
Andrew Beinert scored 18 points for Holy Cross (13-12, 8-2 Patriot League) as the team fell out of a 1st place tie in the league with the loss.
Beinert sparked an 11-0 run to help Holy Cross take a 32-30 lead at halftime.
Boon converted three consecutive 3-pointers in the second half, sparking a decisive second half rally that helped Bucknell (6-19, 3-8) take a 44-32 lead with 16:23 left in the game.
Holy Cross cut the lead to 44-39 on a 3-point play by Colin Cunninham, who finished with 13 points.
Darryl Shazier helped keep the Bison in front, scoring 17 points—including 5 of 7 3-point attempts.
- Ex-Wisconsin AD: Roy Williams is ‘afraid’ to come to Madison
- Judge to review surveillance video in Appling gun case
- Arkansas using overseas trip to help mesh overhauled roster
- Former Chicago high school basketball standout gunned down
- Former Houston guard L.J. Rose to transfer to BYU
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout