Bucknell beats Holy Cross 72-66
WORCESTER, Mass. (AP)—Patrick Behan scored 23 points and G.W. Boon added 16 as Bucknell upset Holy Cross 72-66 on Saturday.
Andrew Beinert scored 18 points for Holy Cross (13-12, 8-2 Patriot League) as the team fell out of a 1st place tie in the league with the loss.
Beinert sparked an 11-0 run to help Holy Cross take a 32-30 lead at halftime.
Boon converted three consecutive 3-pointers in the second half, sparking a decisive second half rally that helped Bucknell (6-19, 3-8) take a 44-32 lead with 16:23 left in the game.
Holy Cross cut the lead to 44-39 on a 3-point play by Colin Cunninham, who finished with 13 points.
Darryl Shazier helped keep the Bison in front, scoring 17 points—including 5 of 7 3-point attempts.
- Bucknell beats Holy Cross 72-66
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?