Greene scores 22 as UMBC beats Hartford 80-63
WEST HARTFORD, Conn. (AP)—Jay Greene scored 22 points and Darryl Proctor added 20 as Maryland-Baltimore County beat Hartford 80-63 on Saturday.
Hartford (6-21, 2-11 America East) trailed by four at the half, but UMBC outscored the Hawks 16-5 over the opening 5:20 of the second half.
Once UMBC (12-13, 6-7) pushed its lead into double digits, the Hawks never got closer than nine points the rest of the way. Chauncey Gilliam finished with 18 points while Matt Spadafora added 11 for UMBC.
David Bookman paced Hartford with a career-high 17 points.
Jaret von Rosenberg and Clayton Brothers each finished with 12 points for the Hawks, while Michael Turner contributed 11 points.
- In war of words and on court, Memphis beats Vasquez, Maryland
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims