Prairie View knocks off Grambling 76-70
GRAMBLING, La. (AP)—Derek Johnson scored 14 of his 19 points from the free-throw line to lead Prairie View A&M to a 76-70 victory over Grambling State on Saturday night.
Johnson went 14 of 18 from the free-throw line as the Panthers (11-13, 7-4 Southwestern Athletic Conference) won their second consecutive game.
Prairie View was 25 of 33 from the line. Grambling (6-17, 4-8), which has lost three in a row, was 7 of 9 from the line.
The Panthers led 29-28 at halftime.
Darnell Hugee added 17 points and Dorian McDaniel and Jocoie Shivers each added 11 points for the Panthers. Shivers also had eight rebounds to help Prairie View outrebound the Tigers 38-31.
Ibrahim Kpaka hit five 3-pointers to lead Grambling with 17 points. Marcus Coleman added 14 points and Donald Qualls added 11 points.
Grambling was 9 of 23 from the 3-point line (39.1 percent).
- Prairie View knocks off Grambling 76-70
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?