George Mason beats Northeastern 64-53
FAIRFAX, Va. (AP)—John Vaughan scored 14 of his 16 points in the second half and George Mason remained unbeaten at home this season, winning 64-53 over Northeastern on Saturday.
The Patriots (17-8, 10-5 Colonial Athletic Association) used a 9-0 run early in the second half to take a 39-29 lead after being held to just 17 points in the first half.
George Mason, which has lost its past five road games, improved to 12-0 at Patriot Center this season and with the win moved to within a game of Northeastern for second place in the conference.
Cam Long added 14 points and 10 rebounds for the Patriots.
The Huskies (16-9, 11-4), who were held to 34 percent shooting from the field, were led Matt Janning’s 13 points.
- Mapping your hatred for Duke's most hateable
- Calipari hosts charity softball for Louisiana flood relief
- Arizona's Talbott Denny injures knee, out for season
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Shawn Forrest named assistant coach for Jankovich at SMU
- Former Butler basketball star Joel Cornette dies at age 35