George Mason beats Northeastern 64-53
FAIRFAX, Va. (AP)—John Vaughan scored 14 of his 16 points in the second half and George Mason remained unbeaten at home this season, winning 64-53 over Northeastern on Saturday.
The Patriots (17-8, 10-5 Colonial Athletic Association) used a 9-0 run early in the second half to take a 39-29 lead after being held to just 17 points in the first half.
George Mason, which has lost its past five road games, improved to 12-0 at Patriot Center this season and with the win moved to within a game of Northeastern for second place in the conference.
Cam Long added 14 points and 10 rebounds for the Patriots.
The Huskies (16-9, 11-4), who were held to 34 percent shooting from the field, were led Matt Janning’s 13 points.
- George Mason beats Northeastern 64-53
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0