Lewis’ 20 leads Denver past New Orleans, 59-49
DENVER (AP)—Rob Lewis had 20 points and Andrew Hooper scored 11 as the Denver Pioneers beat New Orleans 59-49 on Saturday to end a six-game skid against the Privateers.
Kyndall Dykes had 20 points for New Orleans, which has lost three straight and seven of nine.
Denver (11-14, 6-8 Sun Belt Conference), which had not beaten New Orleans since 2006, used a 10-0 first-half run to take the lead for good. The Privateers (10-16, 5-10) went 7:48 without scoring before Dykes hit a jumper to end the drought.
New Orleans pulled within 32-28 with a 9-2 run to start the second half but Lewis’ baseline dunk and 3-pointer extended the lead to 41-31 with 12:41 left. The Privateers never got closer than four the rest of the way.
- Lewis' 20 leads Denver past New Orleans, 59-49
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Ill-advised shots, empty possessions fuel Arizona's stunning late collapse
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0