Vikings start fast, beat Phoenix
CLEVELAND (AP)—Norris Cole matched his career high with 21 points and Cedric Jackson flirted with a triple-double to lead Cleveland State past Wisconsin-Green Bay 83-75 on Saturday night.
J’Nathan Bullock added 18 points and Chris Moore had 13 for the Vikings (19-8, 10-5 Horizon League). Jackson had 11 points, 10 rebounds and eight assists in 31 minutes.
The Vikings rolled to a 16-0 lead and were on top 34-24 before the Phoenix (19-8, 11-4) made a late run to cut the lead to 71-70 on a Ryan Tillema basket with under 3 minutes left. George Tandy followed that with a bucket and after Green Bay cut the lead to 75-73 on a Rahmon Fletcher layup with a minute left, Moore countered with a basket with 39 seconds left to push the lead back to four. The Phoenix never got closer again.
Tillema had 18 points, Mike Schachtner 15, Troy Cotton 13, Randy Berry 12 and Fletcher 10 for Green Bay.
- Vikings start fast, beat Phoenix
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?