Southern beats UAPB 70-66
PINE BLUFF, Ark. (AP)—Chris Davis scored 16 points to lead Southern University over Arkansas-Pine Bluff 70-66 Saturday night.
Steffon Wiley added 14 points for Southern (6-18, 6-6 Southwestern Athletic Conference). He made all four of his attempts from the field. Douglas Scott scored seven points with seven rebounds.
UAPB (8-15, 7-5) was led by Gavin Montgomery’s 20 points.
UAPB kept it close by grabbing 17 offensive rebounds.
- Cincinnati beats No. 17 Georgetown 69-47
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament