Cornell beats Harvard 96-75 in 18th home win
ITHACA, N.Y. (AP)—Ryan Wittman scored 20 points and broke Cornell’s record for career 3-pointers as the Big Red beat Harvard 96-75 and extended their home winning streak to 18.
Wittman’s 4-of-7 effort from beyond the arc brought him to 239 career points from the 3-point range, surpassing Cody Toppert’s 237 points in 2005. Wittman, a junior, also added six assists and grabbed four rebounds.
Chris Wroblewski had 17 points for Cornell (16-7, 6-1 Ivy), Adam Wire had 14, Louis Dale added 12 and Jeff Foote scored 10.
Harvard (10-11, 2-5 Ivy) was led by 16 points and six assists by Drew Housman and 14 points from Max Kenyi. Jeremy Lin added 11.
- To Indiana, from Bob Knight with love
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue