Wagner defeats Bryant 72-60
SMITHFIELD, R.I. (AP)—Joey Mundweiler scored 20 points to pace Wagner in a 72-60 win over Bryant on Thursday night.
The Seahawks (12-12,4-9 Northeast Conference) hit a season-best 12 3-point goals. Mundweiler hit 6 of 18 tries, and Chris Martin. who scored 18 points in 15 minutes of play, hit on 4 of 8.
Bryant (7-18) got 19 points from Cecil Gresham and 17 from Adam Parzych. They led 33-31 at the half and by as many as seven points early in the second period before a 9-2 Wagner run to regain the lead.
Chris Lambert’s 3-point goal put Bryant up 54-52 with 9:33 left, but the Seahawks took the lead for good on Mundweiler’s 3-pointer 33 seconds later.
Bryant shot 10 of 27 from 3-point range.
The loss snapped a three-game winning streak for the Bulldogs, in the first year of Division I play. They join the NEC in 2012.
- Ian Eagle shares the origin story of Bill Raftery's 'Onions!'
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67
- Stephen F Austin cruises against Northwestern State, 83-72
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win