Wagner defeats Bryant 72-60
SMITHFIELD, R.I. (AP)—Joey Mundweiler scored 20 points to pace Wagner in a 72-60 win over Bryant on Thursday night.
The Seahawks (12-12,4-9 Northeast Conference) hit a season-best 12 3-point goals. Mundweiler hit 6 of 18 tries, and Chris Martin. who scored 18 points in 15 minutes of play, hit on 4 of 8.
Bryant (7-18) got 19 points from Cecil Gresham and 17 from Adam Parzych. They led 33-31 at the half and by as many as seven points early in the second period before a 9-2 Wagner run to regain the lead.
Chris Lambert’s 3-point goal put Bryant up 54-52 with 9:33 left, but the Seahawks took the lead for good on Mundweiler’s 3-pointer 33 seconds later.
Bryant shot 10 of 27 from 3-point range.
The loss snapped a three-game winning streak for the Bulldogs, in the first year of Division I play. They join the NEC in 2012.
- Wagner defeats Bryant 72-60
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0