S. Dakota St. beats S. Utah 74-69
BROOKINGS, S.D. (AP)—Garrett Callahan scored 24 points and Anthony Cordova added 16 to lead South Dakota State to a 74-69 win over Southern Utah Thursday in the Summit League.
Callahan had two 3-pointers and went 5-for-7 from the field. He was 12-for-12 from the free throw line, helping the Jackrabbits (11-15, 6-8) finish the night 20 of 25.
SDSU’s Kai Williams had 10 points and eight rebounds.
Southern Utah (8-16, 6-7) outshot SDSU from the field and from 3-point range and outrebounded the Jackrabbits 30-28. But it was just 11 of 14 from the line.
Davis Baker had 26 points and four assists for the Thunderbirds. Tyler Quinney added 10 points.
- S. Dakota St. beats S. Utah 74-69
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?