Lipscomb beats Belmont 73-68
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Adnan Hodzic recorded a double-double to lead Lipscomb in a 73-68 win over Belmont on Thursday night.
Hodzic scored 28 points and grabbed 14 boards for the Bisons (10-13, 6-8 Atlantic Sun Conference). Michael Lusk added 11 points, six rebounds, four assists and hit 3 of 4 3-pointers.
Alex Renfroe led the Bruins (14-9, 10-4) with 24 points and 10 rebounds. Matthew Dotson added 16 points and Shane Dansby 12.
Belmont led by nine points at halftime, but Lipscomb took control in the second on a 20-7 run to open the half and never trailed again. The Bruins pulled within 69-68 on a free throw by Dansby with 21 seconds left, but Jimmy Oden went 4-for-4 from the foul line and grabbed a key rebound in the game’s final 19 seconds to seal the win.
The Bisons went 10-for-16 on free throws, while the Bruins hit just 3 of 7 from the line.
- The departure of Darius Morris hampers Michigan’s revival
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims