Lipscomb beats Belmont 73-68
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Adnan Hodzic recorded a double-double to lead Lipscomb in a 73-68 win over Belmont on Thursday night.
Hodzic scored 28 points and grabbed 14 boards for the Bisons (10-13, 6-8 Atlantic Sun Conference). Michael Lusk added 11 points, six rebounds, four assists and hit 3 of 4 3-pointers.
Alex Renfroe led the Bruins (14-9, 10-4) with 24 points and 10 rebounds. Matthew Dotson added 16 points and Shane Dansby 12.
Belmont led by nine points at halftime, but Lipscomb took control in the second on a 20-7 run to open the half and never trailed again. The Bruins pulled within 69-68 on a free throw by Dansby with 21 seconds left, but Jimmy Oden went 4-for-4 from the foul line and grabbed a key rebound in the game’s final 19 seconds to seal the win.
The Bisons went 10-for-16 on free throws, while the Bruins hit just 3 of 7 from the line.
- Pat Knight loses mind, rushes court, entertains America
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality