Mays’ 21 leads Youngstown St. over Green Bay 77-73
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (AP)—DeAndre Mays scored 21 points to help Youngstown State to a 77-73 victory over Green Bay on Thursday night, even though the Penguins went the final three minutes without a field goal.
Kelvin Bright and Vytas Sulskis added 12 apiece for Youngstown State (9-15, 6-8 Horizon League).
Rahmon Fletcher had 17 points for Green Bay (19-7, 11-3). Terry Evans added 12, and Troy Cotton had 10.
Youngstown State led 38-22 at halftime and were up by 12 at 67-55 on a jumper by Bright with 3:19 to go. But that was the Penguins’ last field goal as Green Bay twice closed the gap to two points.
Zack Rebillot hit five free throws in the final 2:03, including two with two seconds left to seal the win.
- Mays' 21 leads Youngstown St. over Green Bay 77-73
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense