Troy beats Middle Tennessee 70-64
TROY, Ala. (AP)—Brandon Hazzard scored 21 points and Troy defeated Middle Tennessee 70-64 on Thursday night.
Troy (16-10, 11-3 Sun Belt Conference), which trailed 30-25 at halftime, outscored the Blue Raiders 24-4 during an extended run that gave the Trojans a 49-34 with 8:04 to play in the game.
Kenny Ware added 13 points and Richard Delk chipped in 12 points and nine rebounds for the Trojans.
Hazzard, who became the Trojans first ever back-to-back conference player of the week on Monday, was 10 of 12 from the free-throw line.
Montarrio Haddock paced Middle Tennessee (15-10, 8-5) with 19 points and 12 rebounds. Desmond Yates added 18 and Demario Williams scored 12 for the Blue Raiders.
The Blue Raiders committe 18 turnovers, leading to 19 Trojans’ points.
With the win, Troy avenged an 81-53 loss to Middle Tennessee in Murfreesboro, Tenn. on Dec. 11.
- A-10 Preview: Scouting the league with ex-Richmond star Greg Beckwith
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case