Troy beats Middle Tennessee 70-64
TROY, Ala. (AP)—Brandon Hazzard scored 21 points and Troy defeated Middle Tennessee 70-64 on Thursday night.
Troy (16-10, 11-3 Sun Belt Conference), which trailed 30-25 at halftime, outscored the Blue Raiders 24-4 during an extended run that gave the Trojans a 49-34 with 8:04 to play in the game.
Kenny Ware added 13 points and Richard Delk chipped in 12 points and nine rebounds for the Trojans.
Hazzard, who became the Trojans first ever back-to-back conference player of the week on Monday, was 10 of 12 from the free-throw line.
Montarrio Haddock paced Middle Tennessee (15-10, 8-5) with 19 points and 12 rebounds. Desmond Yates added 18 and Demario Williams scored 12 for the Blue Raiders.
The Blue Raiders committe 18 turnovers, leading to 19 Trojans’ points.
With the win, Troy avenged an 81-53 loss to Middle Tennessee in Murfreesboro, Tenn. on Dec. 11.
- North Carolina-Greensboro defeats Furman 88-78
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67
- Stephen F Austin cruises against Northwestern State, 83-72
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win