Quinnipiac rallies past St. Francis, Pa., 59-55
LORETTO, Pa. (AP)—Bryan Geffen’s 3-pointer with just over three minutes remaining gave Quinnipiac the lead for good and the Bobcats went on to beat St. Francis, Pa., 59-55 Thursday night.
Justin Rutty scored 15 points, James Johnson added 13 and Geffen 11 for Quinnipiac (11-13, 7-6 Northeast Conference).
Mislav Jukic scored 15 points, Marquis Ford 14 and Devin Sweetney 12 for St. Francis (5-19, 2-11).
The Red Flash led by a point, 27-26, at the break and rallied from a four-point deficit in the second half to tie the score at 49-all.
Jukic dropped in a layup to put St. Francis ahead 51-49 before Geffen hit from long distance. Johnson then hit a pair of free throws and Geffen made another 3-pointer to stretch the Quinnipiac lead to six in the final minute.
- What We Missed: John Wall to sit two games
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Shawn Forrest named assistant coach for Jankovich at SMU
- Former Butler basketball star Joel Cornette dies at age 35
- Hamilton signs with Texas Tech after 3 seasons at DePaul
- Georgetown-Syracuse December game to honor Pearl Washington