Quinnipiac rallies past St. Francis, Pa., 59-55
LORETTO, Pa. (AP)—Bryan Geffen’s 3-pointer with just over three minutes remaining gave Quinnipiac the lead for good and the Bobcats went on to beat St. Francis, Pa., 59-55 Thursday night.
Justin Rutty scored 15 points, James Johnson added 13 and Geffen 11 for Quinnipiac (11-13, 7-6 Northeast Conference).
Mislav Jukic scored 15 points, Marquis Ford 14 and Devin Sweetney 12 for St. Francis (5-19, 2-11).
The Red Flash led by a point, 27-26, at the break and rallied from a four-point deficit in the second half to tie the score at 49-all.
Jukic dropped in a layup to put St. Francis ahead 51-49 before Geffen hit from long distance. Johnson then hit a pair of free throws and Geffen made another 3-pointer to stretch the Quinnipiac lead to six in the final minute.
- Quinnipiac rallies past St. Francis, Pa., 59-55
- The 10 highest-paid college basketball coaches
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook