Montana beats Sacramento State
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP)—Junior guard Anthony Johnson had 24 points and four assists to lead Montana to a 60-48 win over Sacramento State Thursday night.
Kyle Sharp had 14 points and 10 rebounds for the Montana Grizzlies (15-9, 9-3), who have sole possession of second place in the Big Sky. Jordan Hasquet added 14 points and five rebounds for the Grizzlies.
Loren Leath had 15 points and Justin Eller added 11 points for the Sacramento State Hornets (2-23, 1-11 Big Sky).
Justin Eller’s eight-foot jumper from the right baseline gave the Hornets an 18-13 lead with 9:16 left in the first half. The Grizzlies charged back to take a 28-25 halftime lead.
Johnson led the Grizzlies with 11 first-half points.
The Grizzlies opened up the second half with a decisive 17-5 run.
Sharp’s basket made the score 45-30 with less than 10 minutes to play.
- Montana beats Sacramento State
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2