Pepperdine rallies for 66-60 win over Santa Clara
MALIBU, Calif. (AP)—Jonathan Dupre had 16 points and six rebounds as Pepperdine rallied from a 15-point deficit to beat Santa Clara 66-60 Thursday.
The Waves (7-18, 4-5 West Coast Conference) scored the game’s first basket but didn’t lead again until Keion Bell’s two free throws with 1:56 left in the second half put Pepperdine ahead 60-58. Bell’s points capped a 19-10 run that began when Dupre made three long jumpers and two 3-pointers.
John Bryant had 25 points and 12 rebounds for Santa Clara (13-14, 5-5), which led 37-24 at halftime and extended the lead to 15 early in the second half.
- Pepperdine rallies for 66-60 win over Santa Clara
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four