N. Colorado beats North Dakota 80-72
GREELEY, Colo. (AP)—Will Figures scored 20 points and Northern Colorado withstood a barrage of 3-pointers to beat slumping North Dakota 80-72 on Thursday.
Northern Colorado (12-15) shot 60 percent to win its third straight game, all at home. North Dakota (11-11) dropped its fourth straight, all on the road.
The Bears outscored the Sioux 10-3 in the final 3:09.
UND had a season-high 14 3-pointers, including four by O.J. Harrison and Travis Bledsoe. Darius Joseph had 15 points, Harrison 14 and Bledsoe 13.
Devon Beitzel recorded 15 points, five assists and five rebounds for the Bears, while teammate John Pena scored 13 points, including 3-of-4 3-pointers.
Jabril Banks added 11 points and pulled down a game-high 10 rebounds for Northern Colorado.
- Bill Murray's son Luke forges his own path as a Division I coach
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2