Louisiana Tech tops Fresno State 55-42
RUSTON, La. (AP)—Kyle Gibson scored 28 points on 8-of-9 shooting and went 6-for-6 from 3-point range to lead Louisiana Tech past Fresno State 55-42 on Thursday night.
The Bulldogs (9-15, 3-8 Western Athletic Conference) shot 43.9 percent from the field (18 of 41) while Fresno State managed just 25.6 percent shooting (10 of 39).
Fresno State (10-14, 2-7) turned the ball over 17 times, leading to 14 Louisiana Tech points. Paul George committed six turnovers for Fresno State.
The Bulldogs outrebounded Fresno State 39-29 with Olu Ashaolu tallying nine.
Sylvester Seay was Fresno State’s only double-digit scorer with 11 points.
Fresno State was just 2 of 12 from 3-point range (16.7 percent), while Louisiana Tech hit 57.1 percent of its long range shots (4-for-14).
- Kyle Anderson’s commitment raises hopes for UCLA resurgence
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue