LIU cruises past Monmouth, 74-57
NEW YORK (AP)—Jaytornah Wisseh scored 16 points and Julian Boyd added 15 points to Long Island University to a 74-57 victory against Monmouth, N.J., on Thursday night.
Kyle Johnonas added 13 points and Arnold Mayorga had 10 for the Blackbirds (12-12, 8-5 Northeast), who were up 30-23 at halftime.
Will Campbell scored 15 points to lead the Hawks (6-20, 4-9). Dutch Gaitley added 11 points.
Travis Taylor’s layup gave Monmouth a 21-18 lead ay 7:12 of the first half.
LIU responded with a 12-2 run to close the half, highlighted by Boyd’s dunk and a jumper.
- LIU cruises past Monmouth, 74-57
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four