Furman downs Georgia Southern 70-60
GREENVILLE, S.C. (AP)—Connor Nolte came off the bench to score 17 points and Furman defeated Georgia Southern 70-60 on Thursday night, snapping a six-game skid against the Eagles.
The Paladins (6-18, 4-11 Southern Conference), winners of three of their last four games, overcame a five-point deficit early in the second half. Leading 59-56 with 4:29 left, Furman held Georgia Southern scoreless for 3:51 while building a 10-point lead.
The Eagles (7-16, 5-10) have lost six straight since a 69-53 victory over the Paladins on Jan. 24.
Furman shot only 39.1 percent from the field (25 of 64) compared to Georgia Southern’s 46.3 percent (25 of 64), but the Paladins committed eight turnovers to the Eagles’ 16.
Justin Dehm added 16 points for Furman. Jordan Miller and Bryson Barnes had 10 apiece.
Tyler Troupe and Colby Wohlleb scored 13 each for Georgia Southern.
- Furman downs Georgia Southern 70-60
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot