The Citadel tops Appalachian St. 78-73 in OT
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP)—Cameron Wells scored six of his 30 points in overtime as The Citadel defeated Appalachian State 78-73 on Thursday night.
The Citadel (16-10, 11-4 Southern Conference) trailed 73-71 with 1:38 left in overtime, before scoring the game’s last seven points. John Brown had a steal, a block and an offensive rebound for the Bulldogs in overtime.
The Citadel trailed 37-27 at halftime and went on a 14-4 run to tie the game at 41 with 15:05 left on two Austin Dahn free throws. The Bulldogs would gain a 66-61 advantage before the Mountaineers (10-13, 7-8) picked up a 3-pointer by Donald Sims and an Isaac Butts jumper with 2 seconds left in regulation to force overtime.
Zach Urbanus chipped in 14 for The Citadel, which defeated the Mountaineers 74-72 on Feb. 5.
Kellen Brand led Appalachian State with 22 points and Marcus Wright had 17.
- The Citadel tops Appalachian St. 78-73 in OT
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster