Cleveland St. beats Wis.-Milwaukee 70-61
CLEVELAND (AP)—J’Nathan Bullock scored 16 points as Cleveland State beat Wisconsin-Milwaukee 70-61 Thursday night.
Norris Cole had 14, D’Aundray Brown had 13 and Cedric Jackson had 11 for Cleveland State (18-8, 9-5 Horizon League).
James Eayrs paced Wisconsin-Milwaukee (14-10, 9-5) with 19 points. Ricky Franklin added 13 and Tony Meier had 10.
Cleveland State led 39-25 at halftime, but that lead was chipped away until Wisconsin-Milwaukee pulled within 3 at 49-46 on a 3-pointer by Franklin with 11:17 to play.
A 3-pointer by Cole and a layup by Jackson started a 9-0 run as Cleveland State regained control. A 3-pointer by Franklin, made it 70-61 with 1:11 left.
- Draymond Green honors Delvon Roe by taking his jersey number
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the west returns and defense triumphs
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament