Fairleigh Dickinson beats Cent. Connecticut 80-73
NEW BRITAIN, Conn. (AP)—Fairleigh Dickinson got 23 points from Cameron Tyler and 22 from John Galvin to defeat Central Connecticut 80-73 on Thursday night.
Tyler and Galvin each scored 14 in the first half as the Knights (7-18, 6-8 Northeast Conference) took a 46-48 lead at intermission.
Robby Ptacek led the Blue Devils (11-13,7-7) with 20 points. Marcus Palmer had 12 points and seven rebounds, and Shemik Thompson added 11 points and nine assists.
Central took its first lead since early in the game with 4:57 left when David Simmons scored inside on an inbounds play to make it 63-62.
Tyler nailed a three and Sean Baptiste, who finished with 17 points, also got a 3-pointer to put the Knights up 70-65 with 2:16 to go.
Central turned the ball over with 28 seconds left to seal its fate.
Fairleigh Dickinson outscored Central 56-36 in the paint and had a 43-31 rebounding edge.
- Furman tops Chattanooga 65-55 on Sebirumbi's 19
- Creighton's 113-58 win over Lancers biggest margin since '02
- McBrayer scores 18 as Minnesota overpowers Georgia Southern
- Wake beats UNC Greensboro 78-75 on late Crawford 3
- Sophomore center Sima to transfer from St. John's
- Peter Jok scores 23, Iowa upsets No. 25 Iowa State 78-64