Longwood beats Texas-Pan American 77-61
FARMVILLE, Va. (AP)—Dana Smith and Kevin Swecker scored 13 points apiece to lead Longwood in a 77-61 win over Texas-Pan American on Wednesday night.
Billy Robinson added 12 points for the Lancers (14-10), who have won seven straight games.
Emmanuel Jones recorded a double-double for the Broncs (6-16), scoring 17 points and grabbing 10 boards. Nathan Hawkins added 12 points for UTPA, which has lost seven of its last eight.
The game was close early, and the Broncs led 18-17 with 8:26 to go before halftime. But the Lancers went on a 21-10 run from there, taking a 36-28 lead at the break and staying ahead for the entire second frame.
Longwood scored 24 points off 26 UTPA turnovers, and hit 8 of 23 shots from beyond the arc. The Broncs hit just 2 of 12 from long range.
- Longwood beats Texas-Pan American 77-61
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense