Towson beats Georgia St. 82-72 in OT
TOWSON, Md. (AP)—Jarrel Smith scored 18 points to lead five Towson players in double figures, and the Tigers outscored Georgia State 15-5 in overtime to seal an 82-72 win on Wednesday night.
Junior Hairston added 14 points, Josh Thornton 12, and David Brewster and Brian Morris had 10 apiece for the Tigers (9-17, 4-10 Colonial Athletic Association).
Every double-figure scorer for Towson chipped in during the overtime run, including back-to-back 3-pointers by Thornton and Brewster early in the extra period that helped spark the 15-5 run.
The Panthers (7-18, 5-9) led 35-24 at the break, but the Tigers chipped away in the second until a 15-6 run gave them a 56-55 lead with 6 minutes left. The Tigers led 67-64 with 59 seconds left, but the Panthers’ Joe Dukes hit a 3-pointer with 8 seconds remaining to send it into OT.
Trae Goldston led the Panthers with 25 points.
- BYU apologizes for disrespectful postgame scoreboard message
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69