Towson beats Georgia St. 82-72 in OT
TOWSON, Md. (AP)—Jarrel Smith scored 18 points to lead five Towson players in double figures, and the Tigers outscored Georgia State 15-5 in overtime to seal an 82-72 win on Wednesday night.
Junior Hairston added 14 points, Josh Thornton 12, and David Brewster and Brian Morris had 10 apiece for the Tigers (9-17, 4-10 Colonial Athletic Association).
Every double-figure scorer for Towson chipped in during the overtime run, including back-to-back 3-pointers by Thornton and Brewster early in the extra period that helped spark the 15-5 run.
The Panthers (7-18, 5-9) led 35-24 at the break, but the Tigers chipped away in the second until a 15-6 run gave them a 56-55 lead with 6 minutes left. The Tigers led 67-64 with 59 seconds left, but the Panthers’ Joe Dukes hit a 3-pointer with 8 seconds remaining to send it into OT.
Trae Goldston led the Panthers with 25 points.
- Towson beats Georgia St. 82-72 in OT
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action