Struggling Toledo falls 59-54 to Bowling Green
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP)—Darryl Clements scored 15 points and made three foul shots in the last 30 seconds to seal Bowling Green’s 59-54 victory at rival Toledo on Wednesday night.
Chris Knight added 14 points and seven rebounds for Bowling Green (14-9, 7-3 Mid-American Conference). Clements finished 5-for-7 from the line with four assists.
A struggling Toledo (4-20, 2-8 MAC) fought back from a nine-point deficit at the half to within a basket but couldn’t hold on, dropping its sixth game in a row.
Jonathan Amos came off the bench to carry the Rockets with a double-double, tallying 11 rebounds and 21 points on 13-of-19 free throw shooting.
Justin Anyijong added 11 points and seven rebounds, and Tyrone Kent had 10 points and nine rebounds.
Heading into Wednesday’s game, Toledo had won nine straight home contests against Bowling Green.
- Catching up with Sam Bowie, draft bust turned racehorse owner
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four