Texas San-Antonio beats Cent. Arkansas 88-79
SAN ANTONIO (AP)—Joey Shank scored 18 points to lead five players in double figures and Texas-San Antonio beat Central Arkansas 88-79 Wednesday night.
Twelve of Shank’s points came off 3-pointers. Morris Smith IV added 17 points for Texas-San Antonio (15-7, 6-3 Southland), Demarco Stepter had 13 and Omar Johnson added 12. Chris Allen scored 11 points.
Brooks Taylor led Central Arkansas (9-14, 2-8) with 16 points. Mitch Rueter and Marcus Pillow each had 14.
Texas San-Antonio led 38-31 at the half and used an 11-2 run early in the second half to put the game away.
- Texas San-Antonio beats Cent. Arkansas 88-79
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four