Texas A&M-Corpus Christi beats Texas State 70-59
SAN MARCOS, Texas (AP)—Shamar Coombs scored 19 points and made 8-of-10 free throws to lead Texas A&M-Corpus Christi to a 70-59 victory over Texas State on Wednesday night.
The Islanders (14-10, 8-1 Southland) made 17 second-half free throws and were 26-of-36 overall from the free throw line in the game.
Kevin Palmer added 15 points for the Islanders and Demond Watt off the bench and scored 13 points, including seven from free throws.
Cameron Johnson had a double-double with 19 points and 12 rebounds for Texas State (10-13, 3-7), while Brandon Bush scored 18 and John Rybak added 13.
Texas State led 34-32 at the half but lost ground starting with Tim Green’s 3-pointer at 12:07 in the second half. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi went ahead for good.
- Butler guard Ronald Nored trades his hightops for a clipboard
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win
- Road woes aplenty as Big 12 teams navigate conference grind
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65
- Brooks scores 30 as No. 16 Oregon beats Utah 76-66
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina