Gardner-Webb 78, N.C.-Asheville 87
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP)—Reid Augst scored 28 points and J.P. Primm scored nine of his 13 points in overtime as North Carolina-Asheville rallied to beat Gardner-Webb 87-78 on Wednesday night.
The Bulldogs (12-13, 8-6 Big South Conference) overcame a 13-point first half deficit and outscored the Runnin’ Bulldogs 17-8 in overtime to win their third straight game.
Augst hit back-to-back shots to put the Bulldogs up 70-66 late in regulation, but Gardner-Webb (11-13, 7-7) tied the game at 70 to force overtime.
The Bulldogs were 3-for-6 from the field and 10-for-14 from the free-throw line in overtime while Gardner Webb was 3-for-14 and missed three free throws.
With leading scorer Grayson Flittner out with an injury, Aaron Linn led the Runnin’ Bulldogs with 20 points.
Matt Dickey added 17 points for UNC Asheville and John Williams had 14 points and 11 rebounds.
- No. 3 Kansas beats Oklahoma to tie for Big 12 lead
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims