La Salle beats George Washington 68-57
WASHINGTON (AP)—Ruben Guillandeaux matched his career-high with 22 points as La Salle broke a three-game losing streak with a 68-57 victory over George Washington on Wednesday night.
Kimmani Barrett and Rodney Green added 14 apiece for La Salle, and Guillandeaux also had three assists and four steals.
The Explorers (13-10, 4-5 Atlantic 10 Conference) never trailed, took a 16-point lead after a 14-0 run late in the first half and held on after GW cut the gap to three with 8 minutes left in the game. Guillandeaux’s 3-pointer with 2:13 remaining made the score 61-50, essentially ending the Colonials’ hope for a comeback.
Damian Hollis scored 20 points in 21 foul-plagued minutes for the Colonials (7-14, 1-8), who have lost 12 of 13 games. Hollis picked up his fourth with 15:20 remaining and fouled out with 2:43 to play.
- Roy Williams kicks out heckling fan at the Dean Dome
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims