Creighton beats Bradley 79-65
OMAHA, Neb. (AP)—Booker Woodfox led five players in double figures with 18 points as Creighton extended its streak of 20-win seasons to 11 with a 79-65 win over Bradley on Wednesday.
The Bluejays (20-6), winners of five straight, broke open a tight game late by holding the Braves without a field goal for more than nine minutes while outscoring them 24-8 over the final 10 minutes.
Woodfox tied the game for the final time at 57-57 with 9:13 to play. Creighton then scored 10 of the next 12 points to move on top for good.
P’Allen Stinnett had 15 points, Kenton Walker added 11 and Justin Carter and Kenny Lawson each had 10 for Creighton.
Theron Wilson had 15 points and 11 rebounds to lead Bradley, which fell to 13-12 overall and 7-7 in the Missouri Valley Conference.
- Creighton beats Bradley 79-65
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four