Creighton beats Bradley 79-65
OMAHA, Neb. (AP)—Booker Woodfox led five players in double figures with 18 points as Creighton extended its streak of 20-win seasons to 11 with a 79-65 win over Bradley on Wednesday.
The Bluejays (20-6), winners of five straight, broke open a tight game late by holding the Braves without a field goal for more than nine minutes while outscoring them 24-8 over the final 10 minutes.
Woodfox tied the game for the final time at 57-57 with 9:13 to play. Creighton then scored 10 of the next 12 points to move on top for good.
P’Allen Stinnett had 15 points, Kenton Walker added 11 and Justin Carter and Kenny Lawson each had 10 for Creighton.
Theron Wilson had 15 points and 11 rebounds to lead Bradley, which fell to 13-12 overall and 7-7 in the Missouri Valley Conference.
- The Dagger Analyst Previews: 'Dick Vitale' on the ACC
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach