Creighton beats Bradley 79-65
OMAHA, Neb. (AP)—Booker Woodfox led five players in double figures with 18 points as Creighton extended its streak of 20-win seasons to 11 with a 79-65 win over Bradley on Wednesday.
The Bluejays (20-6), winners of five straight, broke open a tight game late by holding the Braves without a field goal for more than nine minutes while outscoring them 24-8 over the final 10 minutes.
Woodfox tied the game for the final time at 57-57 with 9:13 to play. Creighton then scored 10 of the next 12 points to move on top for good.
P’Allen Stinnett had 15 points, Kenton Walker added 11 and Justin Carter and Kenny Lawson each had 10 for Creighton.
Theron Wilson had 15 points and 11 rebounds to lead Bradley, which fell to 13-12 overall and 7-7 in the Missouri Valley Conference.
- Did a TV show cross the line by comparing Duke to the Nazis?
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner
- Florida freshman Bassett to miss season with stress fracture
- Izzo isn't sure what to expect from new-look Michigan State
- Eustachy to remain with Colorado St. through 2020-21 season
- NC State hires ex-Kansas State coach Asbury as analyst